When submitting application materials, cover letter and resume must be combined into a single attachment
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced professional to join our Gift Processing Team. The Revenue Data Quality Specialist ensures revenue data quality and accuracy by overseeing data clean up and enrichment projects, managing regular data quality review tasks and training and auditing new staff.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Data Quality Management
- Develop, document and maintain a schedule of regular data audit tasks to ensure that revenue data is optimized for each of the following purposes:
- Posting and reconciliation with the General Ledger
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Receipt, Acknowledgement and Pledge Reminder fulfillment
- Individual donor reporting and Development use
Includes working with relevant departments and stakeholders to determine when audits are needed and defining an approach.
- Complete all regular audit tasks and ensure appropriate backup when needed.
- Serve on team of point people for completing revenue adjustments in Blackbaud CRM.
- As needed, work with Finance staff to complete monthly, quarterly or annual reconciliation projects.
- Conduct regular overdue pledge analysis, work with Development staff to determine correct action, conduct follow up as needed and carry out write off procedures.
- Develop procedure documentation and contribute updates to documentation as needed.
- Carry out focused data cleanup projects as needed:
- Prepare and/or maintain clear documentation of projects including purpose of project, detailed description of work to be completed.
- Maintain schedule and track progress so that updates can be provided with minimal additional effort.
- With supervisor approval, assign specific projects to other staff resources and oversee progress and quality through project completion.
- Conduct research into specific records or groups of records as needed to support organizational system development.
- Identify opportunities for business process streamlining and work with Gift Processing Manager and Managing Director Gift & Constituent Records to implement improvements.
Serve as Blackbaud CRM Revenue and Gift Processing Subject Matter Expert
- Participate in revenue business process streamlining initiatives through some or all of the following activities:
- Review business processes and identify opportunities for streamlined gift entry processes
- Conduct system testing for new or modified functional use
- Collect input from colleagues
- Write, edit or provide input for instructions, business procedures, policies and workflows
- Participate in regular project meetings.
- Serve as primary trainer for Gift Processing and other staff who process revenue in Blackbaud CRM.
- Keep up to date on system changes and best practices through vendor communications and user group participation as appropriate.
- Contribute feedback regarding the impact of proposed system changes and participate in testing of new functionality or system upgrades as needed.
- Develop and refine fulfillment processes, such as receipting, pledge reminders, etc, and train staff to implement them.
- Carry out other special projects, partnering with colleagues in Marketing, Finance, Development, IT and other areas as needed to complete cross-functional projects.
- Provide backup to all gift-processing functions during absences and periods of high volume of gifts.
- Work closely with Gift Processing Manager to identify growth areas in team’s use of Blackbaud CRM.
- Provide clear, accurate and comprehensive information about data structure and system function to BI/Reporting team as needed.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the UW Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy, and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement, and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Managing Director, Gifts & Constituent Records. We offer an excellent work environment as well as competitive pay and benefits.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: February 13, 2017.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15532611
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer