Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Development Evaluation Analyst is responsible for designing reports and analytic solutions, gathering reporting requirements and documenting business processes as needed. The Analyst will develop data visualizations for ad-hoc data requests; develop reports and advanced SQL queries while making sure data results meets requirements. The Analyst will work closely with the Director of Development – Operations, Research & Evaluation in continuously developing and advancing an Evaluation program for the department as well as incorporating data “story-telling” for the organization. The Analyst will also work independently to collect analysis and reporting requirements, develop project schedules and deliver Evaluation products to staff. The Analyst will also engage with department Directors as well as other organizational teams and stakeholders in developing analytic solutions. The Analyst will perform data mining, trend/predictive analysis and statistical analysis leading to decisions about support capabilities.
- Design and develop scorecards and reports using Tableau and other data visualization tools as needed, for various departmental and organizational metrics.
- Create new reports and modify existing reports utilizing SQL Service Report Services (SSRS) while employing best practices.
- Elicit business requirements using business analysis, interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, use cases, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Use the gathered requirements to develop logic for reporting or analytics.
- Develop manual/automated reporting programs using data from in-house and hosted data repositories and warehouses.
- Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate operational activities to results; to drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Develop standard data visualization reports and as needed.
- Instill data quality in all solutions delivered.
- Engage with organizational Database Administrator to transform existing solutions to new methodology and technology on an as needed basis.
- Work closely with the Development Database Administrator and IT to manage process of data mapping, testing, accessibility, etc.
- Maintain close alignment with all key stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met.