Posting Number: 20171245S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 604 - University Advancement
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Advancement Services, the Records Analyst is responsible for creating, enhancing, and maintaining accurate alumni and various other constituent data using multiple Information Systems in order to maintain the highest level of data integrity. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Advancement Services and the Associate Director of Advancement Services this positon will serve as the primary person to fix data errors that are discovered through audits or end users. Additionally, the Records Analyst will make recommendations for ways to improve the integrity of our data and assist with the documentation of all established procedures related to records management.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using a variety of resources the Records Analyst verifies, inputs, and maintains accurate and detailed demographic records for over 200,000 constituent records, including but not limited to biographical, employment, membership, activity and relationship information.
- Collect and ensure timely data entry for all record updates from a variety of data sources including but not limited to emails, parent forms, returned mail, student phonathon and information gathered from other staff members. This includes monitoring information being sent to email@example.com. * Responsible for data preparation, synching and auditing processes with third party applications.
- Perform accurate and timely data entry from data audit reports; audits will include but are not limited to biographical information, employment data, volunteer memberships, activity codes, and prospect management data.
- Perform basic maintenance and/or creation of basic audit reports using Cognos or MS Access. Enhance existing audit reports as appropriate.
- Assist with documenting and updating policies, processes and procedures for records creation and updates as required. Develops and provides training materials and hands-on training on Ellucian Banner database for new staff, administrators, and student employees in University Advancement.
- Participate in UA Data Integrity group to assist in establishing standard processes and procedures for record entry, and in identifying areas to improve the quality of all constituent data.
- Participate in the testing of all new or modified Information systems, applications, and programs.
- Performs others duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
- Keeps current with the direction of the business and the needs of internal customers.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- General understanding of development industry standards, policies and practices within the office, and the impact on the prospect management area.
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and strong communication skills, along with significant organizational skills required. Able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to follow and document procedures and maintain organized records of all data changes.
- Inquisitive, self-motivated, and independent worker.
- Patient, persistent, tactful, and discreet in dealing with confidential information.
- Innovative thinking skills to recognize the many interactions between record screens.
- Ability to concentrate in a busy office atmosphere; strong interpersonal skills and team-orientation; ability to communicate effectively to managers and co-workers.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities and to work under constant deadlines and with numerous interruptions;
- Ability to analyze biographical information and recommend new ways of maintaining data and new information sources.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word. Entry level experience in working with relational databases with an understanding of development industry system applications.
- Strong keyboarding skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Previous higher education or nonprofit administrative experience preferred.
- Experience with the integrated software suite, BANNER, preferred.
- Previous experience with Cognos and SalesForce a plus.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 01/25/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: T-H
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10517
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency