Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Senior Development Officer is responsible for managing and expanding major gifts support of all campaigns (including but not limited to individual, corporate, and project/exhibition specific) for MOCA Cleveland, including implementation of the strategic plan development growth initiatives, prospect research, cultivation activities, customized stewardship, and relevant communication strategies. This position will assume other tasks and responsibilities as needed and assigned by the Director of Institutional Advancement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Donor and Business constituents in order to achieve financial goals.
- Manages renewals, solicitations, tracking and reporting.
- Maintains a portfolio of donors and prospects, maintaining accurate and complete records of contact.
- Assists Director of Institutional Advancement with relevant Board and Advisory Committees.
- Aligns activities and individual giving to ensure the regular matriculation of donors.
- Builds partnerships with individuals, museums, academic institutions, community organizations, and patrons to help garner support and resources for programs.
- Builds and cultivates relationships with local, regional, and national stakeholders.
- Oversees all Annual Fund efforts.
- Works cross-departmentally on advancing the Strategic Plan through Development efforts.
- Develops and implements a prospect and moves management system of research, face-to-face meetings and solicitations, comprehensive follow up, acknowledgement and stewardship of donors of $1,000-$5,000 annually.
- Works closely with Director of Institutional Advancement, Executive Director, and Board of Directors to manage portfolios of prospects and donors.
- Creates opportunities to identify and cultivate new prospects in addition to increasing support of current donors
- Assists the Director of Institutional Advancement in providing support to the Board for fundraising initiatives.
- Helps to secure exhibition funding opportunities identified by the Curatorial team, Executive Director, and Director of Institutional Advancement.
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- Works with Manager of Patron Events + Member Engagement to generate ideas for Patron programs, donor cultivation events, and stewardship opportunities.
- Supports Manager of Patron Events + Member Engagement on strategy and execution of Patron events and programs to ensure an exceptional donor experience.
- Facilitates travel opportunities to art fairs and other cultural destinations, accompanying Patron travelers when appropriate.