Our Judaism is for everyone. Our Judaism is inclusive, egalitarian, intellectually rigorous, joyful, passionate, spiritual, pluralistic, constantly evolving and relevant. Soul-elevating spiritual practice, life-altering Torah study, courageous practice of tikkun olam, loving care for our community, especially the most vulnerable — that is what we are.
- Rabbi Rick Jacobs, URJ President
Become an integral part of the URJ’s dynamic development team and build the organization’s major donor program by championing the impactful work of the URJ as we build communities and reimagine Jewish life.
The URJ seeks a dynamic, ambitious, and entrepreneurial development professional with strategic acumen to build a reliable base of major individual, institutional donors and broad-base of supporters to advance the Union for Reform Judaism’s rich ecosystem of programs and initiatives in tandem with other local and national fund advancement efforts by achieving budget fund raising goals. This role serves as the Team Lead of the Major Gifts Team. Supporting the URJ Chair and the President, the Major Gifts Officer will be a valued member of the Development team and a key partner in the URJ’s growth. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with URJ Development Team in the central office in New York, the URJ President, Chair and lay leadership to identify, cultivate, steward and solicit high-level donors;
- Build and manage a prospect pool of approximately 50 individuals and institutional donors capable of making gifts of $10,000 or more;
- Cultivate, solicit and secure 3 – 4 million dollars per year;
- Exhibit a high level of activity in face-to-face visits with prospects and donors utilizing senior and lay leadership when appropriate and/or necessary;
- Creatively and persistently seek connections to new prospects to qualify interest and capacity, and to build pipeline;
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the URJ to assure that prospects are identified, researched and engaged in the most effective way possible;
- Design and implement a broad- base and major gift and event sponsorship giving strategy to leverage the impact of URJ meetings, conferences, and events for robust fundraising;
- Develop and understand the breadth of URJ programming and strategies to make a comprehensive and compelling case for support;
- Represent the URJ with integrity and the highest level of professionalism.