The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic institution of higher education, enrolling more than 4,200 students. Located in the City of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital Region, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, defined by dedicated faculty, administrators, staff, all focused on transforming the lives of our students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum, and professional programs, Saint Rose serves four-year and transfer students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and advanced certificate programs in four academic schools: Arts and Humanities; Business; Education; and Mathematics and Sciences. The College is preparing to celebrate its Centennial in 2020 with the launch of the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan which focuses on global connectedness, student success and fostering creativity and innovation.
Guided by our founders and continuing sponsors, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, the College is proud of its mission of service to the urban community. As an institution that values inclusion, we seek to attract and employ individuals who reflect the cultural diversity found within our student body, and across the nation and globe.
The Associate Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship works in collaboration with members of Institutional Advancement to provide comprehensive stewardship for all donors to the College. The incumbent will facilitate and strengthen the College's gift acknowledgement and tiered stewardship processes, reporting process for endowed funds, and will develop individualized stewardship plans for the College's major donors.
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process by overseeing the production, approval, and delivery of all acknowledgement letters in accordance with Institutional Advancement policy.
- Draft stewardship correspondence for the Office of the President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement and major and planned giving officers in accordance with tiered stewardship policies and procedures.
- Manage endowment stewardship reporting to provide donors with an annual update on the status of their endowed fund as well as its impact on the area the fund is designated to support.
- Serve as principal facilitator of the multi-department Endowed Scholarship Task Force to monitor the administration of the College's endowed funds, including their establishment, available annual awards, criteria and student selection. Ensures endowed funds are distributed in compliance with existing gift agreements and college policy.
- Serves as the liaison between the College and the individual donor to respond to questions regarding criteria, scholarship recipients, agreement amendments, corpus and award levels, etc.
- Work closely with gift officers to orchestrate high-impact stewardship events (Rose of Lima dinner, dignitaries, scholarship luncheon, etc.) and campus visits for select donors and prospects.
- Serve as the principal facilitator of student scholarship recipient participation and attendance at the annual Rose of Lima Society Dinner and Honors' Convocation to maximize the student-donor relationship. Ensures attending donors are matched appropriately to students, identifies student speakers, counsels students on knowledge of their respective donor, proper dress, as well as content of and preparation for speeches
- Develop individualized stewardship plans for delivery to major donors. Develop a stewardship tracking system for major donors. Create high level individualized stewardship reports, including use of video and other best practice media.
- Maintain all endowed fund files and facilitates the timely inclusion of new information related to endowed fund donors in the Endowment Module of BANNER. Maintains master spreadsheet of endowed fund donors and ensures integrity of data included.
- Ensures electronic and paper donor files are properly maintained, including all Statements of Intent, agreements, correspondence, donor biographical updates, gift and stewardship history, donor recognition and contact and call reports.
- Ensures the accurate and updated information pertaining to endowment information and donor recognition on the College's website.
- Support Advancement events and activities throughout the year.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned in a safe and responsible manner.