The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the health of communities and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. Since 2008, ACE has reached more than two million youth across the country. ACE also believes that justice must be a core component of our work if we are to create lasting, equitable solutions to the climate crisis. We include climate justice framing and content into our programs, and actively work to transform our organizational culture into one that is equitable and inclusive. ACE has a current staff of 19, an annual budget of $1.8 million, and maintains local programs in Boston, Las Vegas, New York City, Raleigh-Durham, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Development Director will be responsible for designing and implementing ACE’s fundraising strategy, which includes: major donor work, foundation grants, annual and online giving, development communications, and events. The Development Director supervises the Development Consultant, who leads on institutional grant writing and strategy, and the Development Manager, who supports individual giving activities, donor communications, grant reporting, and development systems.
This is a full-time position based in ACE’s Boulder, CO headquarters. The Development Director will report to the Executive Director.
- Design and execute annual fundraising strategy in close collaboration with Executive Director. Work closely with Executive Director to develop multi-year plans for financial growth and stability.
- Manage the priorities of the Development Team, including design and implementation of the Development Team’s bi-annual retreat, and all Development Team meetings.
- Lead the strategy and execution of ACE’s major gifts program and serve as the primary Major Gifts Officer for the organization.
- Work closely with the Development Manager to oversee annual, monthly, and online giving programs.
- Support and guide the work of the Development Manager in managing the fundraising database, gift processing, and prospect research.
- Support and guide the work of the Development Manager in support of institutional fundraising systems, including grant reporting and site visits.
- Work closely with the Development Consultant to advance the institutional giving program and strengthen ACE’s case for support.
- Primarily responsible for revenue forecasting, managing development-related expenses, and overseeing budgets and financials for funding submissions.
- Design and implement events to engage and steward ACE’s supporters, collaborating with the Development Team and Program field staff.
- Support Executive Director to advance Board engagement in fundraising. Includes regular attendance at Board meetings and supporting member-driven fundraising activities.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with funders, donors, and strategic allies in ACE’s network. Includes willingness to travel and to lead in-person meetings and site visits with supporters.