Director of Annual Giving
Holy Names University (HNU) invites candidates to apply for the position of Director of Annual Giving for the office of University Advancement. This is an outstanding opportunity for a mid-career advancement professional.
The University, a Catholic liberal arts institution, will celebrate its 150th anniversary in the 2017-18 academic year and has been liberating the human spirit since 1868. HNU is dedicated to human dignity, hospitality, stewardship, and social justice. US News & World Report recognizes HNU as one of the most diverse universities in the entire US.
Located in the Oakland hills with a panoramic view of the San Francisco Bay, HNU is a regional, residential university with an academic program of 19 undergraduate majors, four adult degree completion programs, nine master's degree programs, three teaching credential programs, and 13 certificates in areas such as music, forensic psychology, nursing, traumatology and pastoral counseling. HNU is WASC accredited and a member of NCAA Division II.
About this Position
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Provost, participating as a leader, decision-maker, and innovative member on the Advancement team. The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive, strategic, integrated effort to build Holy Names University's base of donors. The Director of Annual Giving will manage a year-round acquisition and cultivation program that will involve state of the art communications strategies. The scope of the position includes:
The Ideal Candidate
HNU seeks a creative, innovative, high-energy leader, able to inspire current and prospective donors. The ideal candidate will bring strategic thinking, new ideas, flexibility, persistence, collegiality, and a sense of humor.
Desired skills, experience, and qualifications include:
• A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in advancement, preferably in higher education.
• Experience with donor databases, preferably Raiser's Edge, segmentation strategy, and an understanding and ability to market the HNU Fund to different audiences.
• Knowledge and experience with online fundraising, including marketing through social media.
• Experience in a capital or endowment campaign is desirable.
• Experience identifying, recruiting, training and supervising volunteers, and experience supervising student workers is desirable.
• Experience and commitment to a team approach within the department and throughout the University.
• Experience writing clear and compelling direct response copy and various forms of motivational and persuasive materials for donors and prospects.
• Able to recognize among HNU Fund donors the potential for significant major and planned gifts.
• Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, as well as computer skills.
• Experience in analytics, with the ability to quickly and regularly adjust strategy based on giving trends.
• Able to act independently and as a strategic thinker, capable of understanding the full scope of projects while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
• Able to manage multiple simultaneous projects, and prioritize multiple tasks under deadline.
• Able to quickly adapt to a changing environment and embrace change, with a track record of ownership and excellence in all aspects of the work.
• Experience with Microsoft Office is required; experience with donor research tools such as ResearchPoint is desirable.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and HNU employment application to email@example.com. Candidates will be contacted as soon as possible, and the start time is negotiable.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency