An Achievable Dream, Inc.
Job Title: Senior Director of Development
Department: An Achievable Dream, Inc.
Reports To: President
Date: March 2016
Job Description Summary: (Purpose and Scope)
Working under the direction of the President/CEO this position manages all fundraising activities, including private and public grants, annual fund, and donor relations as well as directs the marketing activities and fundraising events for the organization. Support the overall activities of the organization which include donor, visitor and sponsor tours of the schools, special projects, special events, strategic planning and communications. To communicate and promote the activities and successes of An Achievable Dream to all its constituents. To assist with development of marketing materials targeted to specific constituent groups.
Expectations For All Employees:
Staff supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect for personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the President design and implement a comprehensive development strategic plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual, corporate and foundation support.
- Identifies new donor prospects through researching background information on potential donors and developing materials and a plan to cultivate, solicit and steward the donor relationship. Collaborate and coordinate on the development and production of campaign communications and collateral materials.
- Actively seek grant opportunities and consult with An Achievable Dream team members to effectively evaluate grant opportunities. Prepare grants for submission and insure that reporting is done correctly and on a timely basis.
- Must be able to use a constituent database, preferably Raisers Edge, to research donors, add critical donor information and be able to develop necessary donor cultivation tools and prepare reports.
- Supervise the processing and acknowledging of gifts, pledges, pledge payments, matching claims, memorial gifts, and other contributions to An Achievable Dream.
- Help forge new relationships and grow community partnerships to build An Achievable Dream’s visibility, impact and financial resources.
- Manage all aspects of An Achievable Dream fundraising/cultivation events, including strategy development; coordinating logistics; facilitating volunteer leadership; developing and managing mailing lists and mailings; producing event materials, including invitations; coordinating with outside vendors.
- Supervise the development, marketing and public relations and special events staff.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with donors.
- Direct the creation of marketing materials, social media and other campaigns to support the overall fundraising strategy and strategic communications.
- Work with President on promoting An Achievable Dream to key stakeholders. This concept, critical to successful fundraising endeavors, should focus on a strategy that expands the target audience through community relations, speaking engagements, correspondence and charitable events.
- Provides leadership and professional expertise in the planning and implementation of all special and fundraising events including the annual Tennis Ball and Beach Ball. Works with the CEO and other staff members of An Achievable Dream to collaboratively plan high quality events and functions; will help to identify and facilitate discussion and decisions about issues affecting events; and will ensure that high standards and An Achievable Dream priorities are reflected in the planning and presentation of events.