The Donald Berman Yaldei Developmental Center
Senior Fundraising Officer
The Donald Berman Yaldei Developmental Center seeks an experienced fundraising professional with an expertise in major gift fundraising and comfort with developing new donor relationships.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Fundraising Officer’s primary responsibility is to help raise the annual revenue required for Yaldei’s core operations and is a valuable contributor to the strategic direction of Yaldei’s fundraising activities.
We are seeking an enterprising and positive person who is empathetic to and motivated by our cause.
Founded in 1997, Yaldei is a private not-for-profit organization offering early intervention, specialized therapies, elementary and high school education, summer camp experiences, evening and weekend family respite, and mainstream school integration support for 200 children per year with intellectual disabilities, global developmental delays, and autism. Yaldei’s core mission is simply to help children with special needs realize their fullest potential and greatest happiness in life. To be all they can be.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and move forward a portfolio of new prospective donors and existing donors to achieve an annual fundraising goal of $2M in 2017/18.
- Cultivate and solicit donations ranging from $5,000 to $1M from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Research and contact new or potential corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer to ensure close coordination on prospect portfolio cultivation and solicitations.
- Provide input and guidance on Yaldei’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Develop stewardship plans, aligned with Yaldei’s Donor Stewardship Program, for existing and new donors with the objective of reinforcing Yaldei’s loyal donor community.
- In collaboration with clinical and educational staff, identify and develop innovative projects/funding proposals that are closely aligned to both the funder’s interests and Yaldei’s organizational funding needs.
- Write and produce fundraising communications, including funding proposals, donor correspondence, cultivation strategies/meeting briefing notes, and stewardship reports.
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Events Officer to solicit event donors and sponsors, where needed.
- Manage pledge reminders and ensure that donations are fulfilled on time.
- Establish and manage a volunteer fundraising committee to help with operational fundraising across multiple programs, but specifically with major gift fundraising. Responsibilities include mandate creation, volunteer identification and recruitment, and ongoing support of the committee.
- Produce solicitation materials and train volunteer solicitors for fundraising tasks.
- a ‘can do’ attitude and have the ability to engage a donor to the cause, resulting in a donation
- experience of, exposure to or knowledge of the principles of major gift fundraising
- the ability to make cold calls, and have the energy and enthusiasm to attract donors to Yaldei
- 3 years minimum experience of fundraising
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- experience with a CRM would be an asset
- an energetic, positive, self-motivated and determine person who is looking for an opportunity to prove yourself and climb the career ladder in an entrepreneurial and vibrant organization
- able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- a self-reliant self-starter, able to manage your own work flow and priorities
- a strong team player who is good at sharing information and fundraising intelligence
- willing to attend the occasional out of hours event or meeting
The salary offered will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate. For the right candidate, we hope this position will grow into a Director level role.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and covering letter to Camilla Leigh (Camilla@philanthropica.ca) by 13 February 2017.