The Colorado Children’s Campaign is a nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization committed since 1985 to realizing every chance for every child in Colorado. We advocate for the development and implementation of data-driven public policies that improve child well-being in health, K-12 education and early childhood. We do this by providing Coloradans with trusted data and research on child well-being and organizing an extensive statewide network of dedicated child advocates.
As the leading voice for Colorado’s children at the State Capitol and in communities across the state, the Children’s Campaign has been at the forefront of hundreds of policy wins for kids. Among the numerous laws and programs we’ve helped establish are the Colorado Preschool Program, Child Health Plan Plus, and the Reading to Ensure Academic Development (READ) Act. The Children’s Campaign is committed to integrating values of diversity, equity and inclusion into daily work with intention, action and humility in order to advance racial and economic equity within our organization, our networks and partnerships.
The Development Director develops and leads the fund development plan for the Colorado Children’s Campaign. The Development Director manages the Development Team and leads efforts to support and advance the mission of the Children’s Campaign through donor solicitation and stewardship, fundraising activities including special events, and grant management and funder relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, update and lead the implementation of the Children’s Campaign’s strategic fund development plan in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan;
- Track and communicate outcomes of the fund development plan;
- Promote the Children’s Campaign to potential funders and the wider community;
- Provide direction and work collaboratively with staff, Circle of Friends members and board members on a coordinated donor stewardship strategy that builds and enhances relationships with established and prospective donors in order to maximize funding;
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Director to write compelling and strategic fundraising communications that align with our strategic communications plan;
- Create a strategy for, and provide strong direction of, the Children’s Campaign special events, including our signature Annual Luncheon attended by 800 guests;
- Oversee the use of development databases and systems to drive efficient and responsible donor relations, as well as track solicitations and donations received;
- Provide direction to and support for grant development and grant stewardship;
- Supervise, guide and develop team members focused on donor relations, grants, special events and related activities.
- Other duties to advance the mission of the Children’s Campaign as needed.