Diabetes Youth Families is seeking an experienced Director of Development (DOD) who will be committed to its mission and support the Executive Director and Board to advance the organization to the next level.
DYF is a mission-driven organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, teens and families affected by type-1 diabetes. Founded in 1938, the organization is a leader in helping children and their families gain confidence and mastery in managing diabetes through weekend and week-long camps and educational programs that serve more than 2,000 individuals annually. DYF believes that every child with T1D, and their family members, should have the benefit of our lifesaving programs and works year round to raise the necessary funds to meet the demand for our services.
The Director of Development is responsible for all of DYF’s fundraising programs. The organization currently raises $1.2 annually, and significant growth in these programs is planned. The Director of Development oversees the Major Donor, direct mail, and Foundation and Corporate Giving Programs. The Director of Development is also responsible for all aspects of the Annual Gala including sponsorship, auction procurement, ticket sales, and and committee recruitment. The DOD supervises one Development Coordinator and supports the Executive Director in developing organization-wide initiatives that support fundraising, including board and volunteer recruitment, communications and program development. He/she may manage outside contractors including a contract grant writer and event planner. He/she is a member of the senior team.
In collaboration with the Executive Director:
- Prepare and oversee fundraising budget, including tracking progress toward goals, creating reports to monitor results, and providing monthly updates to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Manage major gift portfolio of up to 100 donors and determine strategies (including personal asks, direct mail, and proposals) for cultivating, stewarding and soliciting gifts.
- Expand DYF’s donor base, cultivating and advancing donors and obtaining gift commitments, and managing a comprehensive stewardship program to guarantee timely donor appreciation.
- Responsible for management of fundraising and marketing materials, acknowledgment letters, email updates and appeals, and invitations focused on major donors.
- Directly responsible for the development, monitoring, management, and execution of the Annual Gala including committee recruitment, corporate sponsorship, auction procurement, and event marketing and logistics.
- Support the Executive Director and DYF team in developing organization-wide initiatives including; fundraising, board and volunteer recruitment, communications and programs.
- Supervision of Development Coordinator.
- Responsible for corporate and foundation relations, including writing grants, preparing reports and meeting with program officers. The Development Coordinator and the grant writer will assist in this activity.
- With the Development Coordinator, directly responsible for the creation, development, printing and mailing of two direct mail appeals annually; spring and year-end.
- Directly responsible for year-end giving efforts including online promotions and solicitations.
- Attends DYF Board Meetings and provides development support to board members as needed.
- Participate in social media and web-based promotions as determined by the DYF.
- Serve on the senior management team working closely with Executive Director on budgets, program strategies and community outreach.
- Regularly evaluate internal systems, policies and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and regulations set forth by the IRS, Board and ED.