The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is New Hampshire’s statewide community foundation, founded in 1962 by and for the people of New Hampshire. We manage a growing collection of 1,700 funds created by generous individuals, families and businesses, and award more than $30 million in grants and scholarships every year. We work with generous and visionary citizens to maximize the power of their giving, support great work happening in our communities and lead and collaborate on high-impact initiatives. To learn more, please visit the website: www.nhcf.org
As chief development officer and a member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President will be primarily responsible for leading a highly effective philanthropy and donor services team. The Vice President will oversee the development and implementation of donor acquisition strategies as well as ensure long term engagement through effective donor services. In addition to working directly with high net worth individuals, the Vice President will lead efforts to enhance external partnerships with wealth and philanthropic advisors. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who believes strongly in the power of community foundations and brings a strong commitment to the community-based work being done in the state of New Hampshire.
The successful candidate will:
- Increase the volume of qualified prospects in the donor pipeline
- Increase the number of funds established by high net worth individuals
- Ensure that contributed revenue grows annually
- Create and implement multi-year revenue plans that incorporate the use of senior organizational leaders, Board members, and staff to ensure the Foundation is on track to achieve its strategic goals
- Directly supervise the Director of Development and Advisory Services, the Director of Philanthropy, the Director of Donor Services and the Manager of Systems and Operations while ensuring that the team is working toward clear, consistent and relevant goals
- Develop, refine and evaluate strategies toward revenue goals utilizing data and feedback; report regularly to the President/CEO and Board of Directors on progress toward goals
- Develop a visible and effective external profile, regularly representing the Foundation at large and small gatherings of influential stakeholders including donors, prospective donors, professional advisors, and business leaders
- Build and sustain a personal portfolio of donors, being directly accountable for identifying and cultivating relationships with both donors and professional advisors
- In collaboration with the CEO, CFO and the Vice President for Community Impact, serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for department planning, budgeting and workforce development in the context of the Foundation’s overall priorities and resources.
- Contribute meaningfully to the culture of the Foundation, serving as an ambassador of the values of accountability, adaptability, commitment and collaboration.