When submitting application materials, cover letter and resume must be combined into a single attachment
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Gift Processing Coordinator to join our Gift Processing Team. The Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for preparing and processing daily charitable donations and other financial reconciliation duties while providing exceptional customer service to WFAA staff, campus partners, alumni, donors, and friends.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Primary responsibilities include:
Gift Processing and Operations
- Accurately prepare and process charitable contributions according to established procedures; accept, organize, prep, and log donations before processing, including endorsing checks, creating spreadsheets, running batch totals. Share in other gift processing functions and batch preparation as needed.
- Work with a variety of banking, credit card processing and fundraising systems to capture donor information and reconcile transactions.
- Demonstrate mindful consideration of donor’s intent while processing high volume gift batches.
- Maintain alumni/donor database where necessary for accurate gift processing, including creating records, changing addresses, etc.
- Ensure gift data is captured in accordance with IRS and WFAA guidelines and that donor intent has been followed.
- Assist in cross training and mentoring new staff members in gift processing.
- Build an understanding of how gift data is used by WFAA staff in reporting, marketing efforts, and donor stewardship; apply that knowledge to entry practices and decision-making.
- Respond promptly to and resolve revenue-related customer service inquiries from donors, WFAA staff and campus partners using help desk software, phone and email.
- Collaborate as needed with other WFAA staff members, primarily those in Development, Finance, Badger Call, and Event Registration.
- Engage members of the campus community as needed to clarify procedures or details of gift deposits.
- Ensure proper handling and documentation of daily bank deposits.
- Manage gift-related source documents.
- Generate gift receipts to donors utilizing a web based receipting system. Produce manual receipts and reports as needed.
- Assist with the development of processing procedures and make suggestions for improving efficiency and accuracy.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the UW Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy, and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement, and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
This is a full-time, limited term, non-exempt position with the possibility of temp-to-hire. This position reports to the Gift Processing Manager. We offer an excellent work environment as well as competitive pay.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15509301
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday, January 20, 2017.
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer