Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Major Gifts Database Assistant works under the supervision of the Associate Development Officer and Director of Major Gifts. This position supports the Major Gifts team in the coordination and execution of portfolio management activities for the organization’s most loyal donors. They will work in an administrative capacity to ensure timely, accurate, and consistent data entry for donor related responsibilities. They will also assist the team, as needed.
This position requires a self starter who is able to work both collaboratively and independently, and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The position requires excellent analytical skills, diplomacy and discretion, and the ability to adapt, cooperate effectively, and creatively problem solve. The Major Gifts Database Assistant must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail?oriented.
A variety of administrative tasks, including meeting logistics and scheduling, writing and copy-editing assignments, and assisting with gift acknowledgement processes may be required, as needed. This role requires frequent interaction with staff members within the organization.
Database Administration (80%)
- Work in close partnership with Associate Development Officer to coordinate and execute monthly Moves Management Meeting activities for entire Major Gifts team (7-10 officers).
- Serve as data entry assistant for the Major Gifts team ensuring timely and accurate entry for projects and activities including:
- Donor Contact Reports
- Donor Strategy Development Documents
- Annual Solicits for Major Gifts Donors
- Various Projects, Events, and Other Donor Activities as Assigned.
- Assist Associate Development Officer in the fiscal year-end process for donor plans, as well as creation of new fiscal year plans.
- Participate in the execution of Major Gifts data hygiene projects to ensure accurate donor information is reflected in donor database.
- Assist team in tracking of donor moves and establishing benchmarking for fundraising activities.
- Ensure consistency in data entry for Major Gifts team and provide assistance to Director of Major Gifts in monthly fundraising reporting.
- Serve as liaison between Major Gifts and Development Operations team on database function and reports administration.
Other Tasks (20%)
- Partner with Associate Development Officer to coordinate and execute monthly donor strategy meetings and other development-led projects.
- Ensure team systems and tools are used effectively and that project execution is done accurately and in accordance with all adopted departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Serve as backup to Associate Development Officer and Development Assistant during peak times or vacations, as needed.
- Additional tasks as assigned.