Requirements, Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be passionate about Caminar's mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in fundraising with non-profit organizations, including major gifts prospecting.
- Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/Board of Directors.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Microsoft platform and fundraising software.
- Excellent time management skills, with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Customer Service—manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Quality management—looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical, Environmental and Mental Requirements:
- Physical: Occasionally required to push/pull objects up to 30 lbs, and to lift/carry objects up to 15 lbs. Frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Must be able to walk, stand, sit for extended periods.
- Sensory: Frequently required to read documents, written reports, and plans. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with residents and staff, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and understand/be understood using the English language.
- Cognitive: Frequently required to concentrate on moderate detail with constant interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function for 20-45 minutes at a time. Frequently required to understand and relate to specific ideas, several at a time. Must be able to remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others over a period of several days.
- Environmental Conditions: Frequent exposure to varied office and mixed (residential/office) environments. Occasional exposure to toxins and poisonous substances, dust, and loud noises.
- Equipment: Frequently required to use a computer, phone, and fax machine.
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Caminar practices.
- Must pass post offer, pre-employment medical and drug tests as required under State Community Care Licensing regulations and/or agency policies.
- This position will require frequent driving so maintaining a valid CA driver license, reliable personal automobile, a clean driving record, and current insurance as required by law are essential job requirements.
- A personal cell phone with reliable service and a data plan to use for business purposes.