The Sisters of Mercy awarded Mercy Family Center a monetary gift to establish a development program consisting of short and long range fundraising programs, including corporate and foundation giving, major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, capital campaigns, and grants to insure the long-term viability of Mercy Family Center. The Director of Development is the lead position in implementing this program.
Operational Responsibilities and Program Development
1. Actively seeks and personally solicits major prospects for financial support.
2. Develops personal relationships with individuals whose attitudes toward MFC may be reflected in bequests, favorable publicity or other benefits that will assist MFC in meeting its objectives.
3. Cultivates community and business leaders through personal contact and periodic mailings.
4. Enlists, trains and motivates volunteers to assist in fund-raising activities.
5. Coordinates and executes major donor recognition and benefit events.
6. Designs and implements planned giving programs.
7. Participates in community organizations to help ensure that the role and objectives of MFC are well understood by leaders and decision-makers in the community.
8. Communicates regularly with MFC donor base through mailings and publications.
9. Appraises the image of MFC as perceived by the community and recommends specific programs to enhance that image.
10. Evaluates changing trends in philanthropy and develops new programs responsive to those emerging trends.
11.Solicits input from the Chief Development Officer for the Sisters of Mercy Health System and the Executive Director of the Sisters of Mercy Ministries.
12. Develops and implements marketing and public relations efforts including radio, television, and print media.
1. Researches, develops and maintains individual, corporate and foundation donor prospective files.
2. Develops, prepares and submits proposals for corporate, foundation and government grants.
3. Develops annual budget for the department and all related fundraising activities.
4. Develops all necessary literature to support on-going fundraising programs.
5. Works with the Director and Clinical Director on the development and implementation of annual and long-range strategic plans.
6. Maintains Mercy Family Center websites.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.