As an integral part of the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus team, the Associate Director of Development assists in planning, implementing and evaluating SFGMC's fundraising programs. The Development budget comes from individual giving, major donors, corporate partnerships, grants, bequests and individuals' support of events.
The Associate Director will secure corporate partnerships, cultivate major donors, ensure that events reach financial and participation goals and assist in managing, developing and recruiting development committee members and new development staff. S/He will analyze trends and identify ways to increase corporate and major donor participation as well as grow mid-level donors.
The position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with SFGMC's Associate Director of Marketing and Artistic Director.
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of funding prospects
- Assist in the creation of a Development plan for SFGMC
- Recruit and manage new corporate partnerships. Maintain and expand relationships with current corporate partners.
- Supervise grant writer and provide necessary materials and oversight to ensure execution of grant applications is timely
- Assist in the management of activities pertaining to annual donor programs:
- Meetings and correspondence to renew and recruit major donors
- Stewardship of existing members
- Negotiate, close and administer partnership agreements
- Fulfill deliverables promised to funders and when applicable - preevent and on-site partner management
- With Development Chair, plan and attend Development Committee meetings
- With committee, assist in planning and managing fundraising events
- Perform event follow-up
- Assist in the Development of event committees
- Identify, recruit and motivate event participants
- Participate in letter processing and oversight of other recognition for event partners, contributors, participants and volunteers
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department to promote events through press releases, PSAs, Internet marketing, printed materials, etc.
- Research potential individual donors, as well as manage donor letters and other Development vehicles and communications as needed
- With Associate Director of Marketing, assist in development and update of collateral materials for partnerships, major gifts, planned giving program and fundraising events
- Maintain accurate records for contributions (donor acknowledgements, memberships, listings, etc.)
- Support other Development activities as needed
SFGMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identification and/or expression, race, color, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, disability, marital status, age, height or weight.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to
San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus
526 Castro Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
All inquiries or referrals will be held in strict confidence.
Please note that your education, dates of employment, compensation and other
information provided will be verified prior to employment.