Qualifications and Skills of Ideal Candidate
- Passion for/knowledge of police accountability issues, and demonstrated commitment to the vision and values of CPR. Knowledge of key issues, commitment and demonstrated experience working with diverse communities directly affected by discriminatory policing, including: communities of color, low-income people, youth, LGBT people, homeless people, immigrants, Muslim communities, women, and people with disabilities. Loves and respects community organizing.
- 5+ years of relevant experience fundraising and leading successful fundraising campaign(s), including for grassroots community organizing
- Demonstrated success at raising $1million+ annually from a mix of individuals, events, appeals, and foundations, including success at cultivating, soliciting, and securing gifts from $5,000 - $100,000+ levels
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and excellent writing and research skills, including: experience coordinating teams; ability to understand and act on complexities of group/coalition dynamics; at least 3 years experience recruiting, retaining and supervising staff/volunteers; ability and track record of writing well, quickly, and within deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, excellent time/project management skills: creative, results and detail-oriented, and able to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities within deadlines and in resource-limited environment.
- Proficient in various database programs and fundraising platforms.
How to apply: Please send your resume, a cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title: “Development Manager” in the email’s subject line. The position will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applicants.