Associate Director of Foundation Relations
Downtown San Francisco Campus
Up to 25%
Reporting to the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, the Associate Director of Foundation Relations supports the work of the director, while managing his/her own portfolio at the University of San Francisco. This position focuses primarily on Foundation relations.
- Work with faculty, program staff and CFR team to develop and submit grant proposals, concept papers, letters of intent, supporting materials and other correspondence as appropriate.
- Create briefing documents for donor visits or site visits to campus.
- Prepare and submit timely acknowledgements and program status reports to donors.
- Strengthen existing donor relationships and build new relationships with foundation donors.
- Active cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of foundation prospects and qualifying new prospects in the $25K> range.
- Participate in prospect clearance procedures in conjunction with the Director of CFR.
- Work with research associate and CFR team to proactively identify potential grant opportunities and communicate these to appropriate administrators, faculty, and program directors through prospect profiles.
- Work with Stewardship/Events team to support stewardship events.
- Host donor visits to campus to tour facilities or meet scholarship recipients.
- Act as main liaison with the Office of Contracts & Grants.
- Work with partners on campus to develop and present classes in grantsmanship for faculty.
- Act as a representative of the University and its interests in external forums and donor meetings.
- Build and maintain amicable relationships with University departments and centers, particularly Financial Aid, Business and Finance, and CRASE.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Five to seven years' experience in development, preferably with a focus in cultivating and soliciting foundation grants.
- Highest level of written and organizational skills required.
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies, both inside and outside the University, and the ability to foster and maintain positive relationships.
- Experience managing a grant from initial contact to the reporting phase.
- Ability to work autonomously, while also fully participating and functioning in a team environment.
- Fundraising in a college setting preferred.
- Sense of humor.
Job Open Date
Posted until Filled
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world's most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student's passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit www.usfca.edu.
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. The University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For more information visit: http://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency