The Director of Strategic Relations will be a creative strategic thinker and an exceptional relationship builder. S/he will be responsible for building and leading the Social Progress Imperative’s new strategic partnership development and fundraising program by growing support from existing core major donors and identifying and cultivating new sources of income for the organization, and establishing required fundraising infrastructure. The Director of Strategic Relations is a newly established position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will partner with the CEO, senior team and the Board to implement a multi-year revenue and strategic partnership development plan.
Key responsibilities include:
Fundraising Strategy and Implementation
- Design and implement short-term and long-range revenue plans focused on foundations, corporate and high net worth individuals in the U.S., Europe and other global markets.
- Identify, qualify and cultivate major gift prospects capable of making significant contributions to the Social Progress Imperative.
- Partner with the Social Progress Imperative’s CEO, senior team and Board to cultivate, solicit and steward donors to increase unrestricted and program or geographically restricted funds.
Partner Engagement and Communications
- Design programmatic and geographic funding and sponsorship opportunities, and define partner benefits to attract and motivate new major donors.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications and Partner Network teams to develop compelling donor materials including case statements, presentations, proposals and donor reports.
- Develop effective relationships with the Social Progress Imperative Board, partners and core donors to identify and cultivate new donors.
- Develop and deepen relationships with existing donors and strategic partners through timely and relevant communications and stewardship.
- Develop and maintain a donor management system, and establish other systems and procedures to support a successful fundraising program.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to ensure full compliance with grant requirements and donor reporting.
Regional Partner Support
- Support regional implementing partners to develop their financial sustainability plans, and together identify and pursue regional and global funding opportunities.
- At least 7 years of progressive responsibility in identifying, cultivating and managing relationships with corporations, foundations and individuals to support S. and global causes; relationship management experience with high-end donors preferred.
- Leadership role in building a fundraising program and establishing basic operations is a strong plus.
- Self-starter with excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to interact and build lasting relationships with high-level external stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s-level degree (or equivalent) in marketing, communications, social science, business, international affairs, or a related discipline is required.
- Native fluency in English is required. Other major world languages are highly desirable.
- Must be excited to work in a flexible, fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment across different countries, cultures, and time zones.
How to apply
The Social Progress Imperative is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, including covering 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and their dependents and 5% contribution to employees’ 403(b) retirement plans after six months of employment.
Well qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for this position as soon as possible by sending a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role, salary expectations and resume to email@example.com.