At Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, you won't just find a career – you'll discover an exclusive experience that gives you an opportunity to learn more, grow more and become more. Our staff demonstrates an unwavering commitment to patient care, consistently performing at a level that is extraordinary. As part of our team, you’ll discover why our unique combination of research and patient care has earned us national ranking by U.S. News & World Report, as well as an ANCC Magnet™ designation for the fourth consecutive time. What’s more, you’ll work in one of the most popular, cultural, historical and diverse cities in the nation. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is known for its nearly 200 distinct neighborhoods and extensive park systems, along with numerous sports teams, museums and a vibrant theater community.
Associate Director of Development – Corporations and Foundations – Philanthropy
The future of exemplary patient care and groundbreaking research depends on the financial security of our organization. That is why we are seeking candidates for the Assistant Director of Development position. This role is responsible for pursuing funding from corporate and foundation sources to support programs and projects at Rush University Medical Center. The Corporate and Foundation Relations team contributes to the Medical Center's strategic direction by building relationships with a broad range of local and national grant makers. Rush is currently in the planning phases of the next comprehensive campaign, and this position is critical to the success of our fundraising efforts.
- Meet regularly with assigned faculty members to keep abreast of their research and/or programmatic work, and to identify potential funding sources
- Research and analyze donor giving patterns and interests
- Write and edit proposals, reports, prospect background profiles, correspondence and other documents for internal and external audiences
- Create and execute cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to foster long-term engagement
- Develop a lay understanding of current themes and Rush priorities in clinical care, research, academics` community health
- Participate in team and departmental planning, including campaign preparation
- Coordinate relevant special projects and other duties as assigned