The Foundation and Corporate Relations Director works to increase, coordinate, and manage a productive stream of approaches to foundations, corporations and grants for philanthropic gifts that support the mission, initiatives, patient care services and programs of John Muir Health. The scope of this outreach is national, regional and local and will ensure that John Muir Health retains and nurtures long-term foundation, corporate and grant relationships and support. This position is responsible for developing and managing a multi-year plan and process related to foundation, corporate and grant giving as well as stewardship and cultivation strategies for funding organizations. The position manages and is responsible for the entire process of submitting proposals — from initial outreach, letters of inquiry, producing (including coordinating, writing, and compiling) proposal request submissions, ensuring stewardship, and submitting required interim and final reports. Responsibilities also include researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on facilitating foundation and corporate guidelines and interests with the John Muir Health’s funding needs, and maintaining strong communication ties with foundation, corporate and grant donors and prospects.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation and corporate relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate, foundation and grant monetary support. Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances and identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit philanthropic commitments to support John Muir Health’s mission, initiatives, patient services and programs.
- Work with John Muir health leadership and Foundation staff to develop strategies for increasing awareness among foundation, corporate and grant constituencies of John Muir Health’s mission, work and value to the community. Identify key JMH staff to review foundation and corporate profiles that could help build and significantly expand fruitful fundraising relationships
- Advise JMH and Foundation leadership on foundation, corporate and grant areas of interest, cultivation strategies for foundations and corporations and any special requirements in the development and presentation of proposal for funding.
- Initiate opportunities for JMH and Foundation leadership to meet with foundation, corporate and grant prospects and communicate foundation, corporate and grant interests and guidelines to JMH and Foundation constituencies.
- Work directly with Foundation staff to identify physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers who could help secure foundation and corporate funding and include these individuals in the cultivation/fundraising process.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for foundation, corporate and grant prospects. Leverage JMH initiatives, patient services and programs with foundations, corporations and grants.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with foundation, corporate and grant representatives, creating moves management plans related to each, including compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
- Maintain high quality stewardship process for active corporate, foundation and grant prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Manage program daily operations, including budget, and support staff.
Apply online at www.johnmuirhealth.com. Go to “Get Involved” then “Careers”.
Foundation & Corporate Relations Director Job Number 00011164.