How You Will Contribute
The Philadelphia Museum of Art is seeking a fundraising professional with a successful personal solicitation record and creative marketing and event experience to work with donors at the highest levels during a transformational expansion project designed by world renowned architect, Frank Gehry.
The Director of Leadership Annual Giving is responsible for raising unrestricted operating support through the Museum’s Leadership Annual Giving Programs – the Associates, Chairman’s Council, and Trustees – by soliciting gifts from $2,500 to $100,000 or more and will provide oversight of the Museum’s three collection-based affinity groups. This person will develop and implement strategies for donor acquisition and retention, upgrades, and increased support; collaborate with colleagues to create a robust calendar of events and programs; oversee benefits activation and manage a volunteer Associates Advisory Committee. This individual will have significant interaction with Trustees, major donors, volunteers, and staff across the Museum.
Specifically, you will…
- Plan, develop, and implement a strategic individual giving campaign that yields approximately $5 million in annual unrestricted revenue.
- Develop strategies for acquiring, upgrading, and retaining donors at the Associates and Chairman’s Council levels through personal visits with donors and prospects, direct mail, coordination with Major Gifts staff and frontline fundraisers, cultivation initiatives, etc.
- Be responsible for Trustee annual giving, upgrade strategies, and stewardship. Work closely with the Board Chair and executive leadership on personal, peer-to-peer outreach.
- Oversee planning, membership solicitations and administration for Museum collection-based affinity groups—Collab, Focus, and Techné.
- Work directly with volunteer leadership (Associates Advisory Committee) to welcome new donors into the Museum family, craft stewardship strategies, and develop programming aimed to cultivate existing donors and target prospects.
- In partnership with program volunteer Co-chairs, establish meeting schedule and agendas, set overarching Committee goals, and guide strategic initiatives. Build positive working relationships with individual Committee members, provide volunteer training, and work with the Leadership Annual Giving team to prepare talking points and supporting materials.
- Work with the Donor Engagement team, other Development colleagues, curators, and the Associates Advisory Committee to plan a full fiscal year of Chairman’s Council and Associates events. Attend all events and select trips.
- Plan and oversee activation of benefits for Associates and Chairman’s Council donors, including concierge service, event invitations, VIP access to exhibitions, and more.
- Provide oversight for gift processing, acknowledgement and benefits fulfillment, program mailings, printed materials, and website and e-communication vehicles.
- Manage departmental budget and expense tracking. Work with Development Operations on financial reporting and revenue projections.
- Coordinate with Museum’s Membership department on upgrade strategies and joint programming that supports the giving continuum, working collaboratively with the Director of Membership.
- Achieve personal metrics for visits and new acquisitions, as assigned.
- Coordinate with Director of Corporate Relations on collaborative programming and integrated models of engagement with the Corporate Partners program.
- Serve as Development liaison with a curatorial or program department of the Museum.
- Manage two Leadership Annual Giving Managers, a Leadership Annual Giving Assistant, and a program volunteer.
- Represent Museum and Development department at events at the Museum and around the city.