Development - General, Donor Relations/Stewardship, Special Events
4 Year Degree
GLSEN is the leading education organization dedicated to creating safe & inclusive K-12 schools for all students regardless of sexuality, gender identity, or gender expression.
ABOUT THE POSITION
GLSEN is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to fill the role of Events & Corporate Relations Manager to provide full-service support to our corporate partners. This person will be responsible for managing and enhancing a successful and growing event portfolio which includes two annual galas – the Respect Awards in New York and Los Angeles – as well as an annual Pride celebration in Los Angeles. They will also collaborate with corporate partners on co-marketing and proceeds benefiting campaigns, while engaging their employee affinity groups.
The Events & Corporate Relations Manager raises philanthropic support for GLSEN priorities and programs by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and maintaining relationships with corporate partners. They are responsible for forming mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with companies in order to strengthen and increase the organizational ties to these important philanthropic partners.
This person will be part of a seven person team and will report to the Director of Development.
- Overall management of approximately $2.25 million of annual event income (60%)
Prepare budgets for each event that will achieve a responsible ROI in-line with industry standards
Prepare revenue projections with strategies for achieving goals
Ensure that receivables are collected and payments are made in a timely manner
Working with GLSEN events team and vendors, ensure all sponsor benefits are fulfilled
Working with GLSEN events team, identify potential sponsors for events
Develop effective stewardship strategies for event participants
Supervise & manage vendors associated with event planning, production, and execution
Oversee event timelines to ensure deadlines are met
Coordinate with GLSEN Communications team and other partners to prepare all event collateral and marketing material (invitations, program book, media releases, etc.)
Recruit, assign, and train on-site volunteers for day-of event needs
- Management of cause marketing partnerships and proceeds benefit campaigns supporting GLSEN (25%)
Collaborate with corporate partners on co-marketing campaigns with sale proceeds benefiting GLSEN
Ensure proper agreement paperwork is prepared for each campaign
Execute on all sponsor benefit commitments
- Management of Employee Resource Group programming with corporate partners (15%)
Brief all corporate partners on engagement benefits associated with their sponsorship
Keep employees and partner organizations informed about GLSEN’s work
Coordinate with GLSEN Field Operations on activations in local communities
- BA/BS and/or 3-5 years of relevant experience in a non-profit fundraising setting
- Excellent interpersonal (written & oral), and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and complex tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally and work some nights/weekends as needed
- Team player with the ability to take independent initiative
- Experience with fundraising databases, ideally Raiser’s Edge
- Strong understanding of corporate philanthropy
- Goal oriented and deadline driven
- Established record of strong funder stewardship
- Familiarity with, and passion for, LGBTQ issues in K-12 schools
- Dedication to GLSEN’s intersectional approach to achieving its mission
This position is located in GLSEN’s New York City headquarters. To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest at: http://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience