BHGH is actively seeking an experienced development professional to lead and oversee all aspects of the organization’s development work including donor engagement, major gifts, special events, annual fund, marketing and communications. The Director of Development and Major Gifts will play a critical role in the long-range success of BHGH by increasing our overall fundraising and communications capacity, expand and diversify BHGH’s base of support, and increase awareness of our work. The Director of Development is a member of the organizational leadership team and leads a team of 4 part-time professionals focused on grants, database/research, stewardship/annual fund, marketing/special events.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and execute a strategic funding plan, designed to sustainably grow fundraising year over year to sustain and grow our mission. BHGH raised $1.2M in operating during the current fiscal year with total income of $2.1M.
- Serve on the BHGH affiliate leadership team. Be comfortable contributing to and helping shape strategic priorities in collaboration with other BHGH senior team members.
- Increase donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, engagement, and retention.
- Personally oversee and be responsible for a portfolio of major donors, including prospecting, cultivation, conversation, ongoing engagement and retention.
- Oversee and when necessary participate in technical grant writing and partnership development with BHGH foundation partners.
- Lead and oversee all activities related to BHGH’s annual special events. Day of Hope ($100K net), Golf Tournament ($200k net) and Associate Board event ($25k net). Full event management including: identifying, cultivating and soliciting event support, sponsorships, participation, marketing & awareness, committee management, volunteers, logistics (venue, program, day-of activities), donor thanks, recognition, follow-up, etc.
- Design and manage development campaigns, including development marketing and communications, hitting or exceeding select goals for donor growth, retention and engagement.
- Oversee BHGH’s development communications, tracking and management tools [Conversant with Salesforce CRM software].
- Represent the development department to Board members and contribute to Board meetings as requested by Executive Director.
- Lead a development team that includes hiring, part-time grant manager, database/research coordinator, stewardship/annual fund coordinator and marketing/special events coordinator.
This is a professional position based primarily in the buildings and offices of Boys Hope Girls Hope Northeastern Ohio; though the incumbent will occasionally be required to travel to, and work at, program sites throughout the city to implement program activities. Occasional travel within the US may be required to attend meetings or trainings. The employee will normally work a fluctuating schedule that will include evening and weekend hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employees must make regular use of a computer and phone to perform essential tasks, including communicating with the public, program participants and staff. The employee will assist in monitoring program participants and staff.
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with Boys Hope Girls Hope is on an at-will basis.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed COVER LETTER and RESUME to Sharon Warner, Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Have experience building and leading a successful development program including:
At least 5 years of relevant development experience within a performance-driven organization.
Experience managing and producing results within each portion of a development pyramid (e.g., prospecting, cultivation, conversion, ongoing engagement and retention etc.).
Experience with or exposure to a diverse set of development channels and approaches including: major gifts, foundations, special events, peer-to-peer, online, etc.
Experience with or exposure to marketing, branding and communications functions.
Have multiple years of experience as a team leader including:
Managing and coaching team members to achieve aggressive development performance goals.
Be entrepreneurial and self-directed, with the potential to experiment, pilot and scale significant new areas of development strategy and donor engagement for BHGH.
Capable of recruiting and hiring skilled development professionals.
Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Have a bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree is a plus.
Additional Salary Information: Role offers competitive compensation and benefits package including group medical and dental coverage, 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, 125 Flex Benefit plan; and the chance to transform the lives of some of our region’s most promising young people. Equal Opportunity Employer
Boys Hope Girls Hope helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Education is critical to reaching one’s full potential.
Spirituality and an active faith-life are essential elements of healthy personal development.
Chil...dren have the capacity to transcend their circumstances if given a safe
environment, opportunities, and loving support.
Integrity, honesty, respect, a willingness to love, and service to others are important measures of personal success.
Potential can be realized if individuals are responsible for their destinies and actions. All children deserve the guidance, support and opportunities necessary to reach that potential.
Respect for the dignity, value, unique perspectives, and talents of every individual is the foundation of positive social and emotional development, as well as strong and vibrant communities.