Kent State University is seeking a highly-motivated professional with exceptional fundraising abilities to serve as the Executive Director of Corporate Relations. This individual will be charged with directing the centralized corporate relations fundraising program within Kent State University. The successful candidate will maintain a pool of leadership corporate prospects to generate significant private support for the university and manage a small team of Corporate Relations Officers.
The essential duties are:
• Provide fund development planning, goal setting, evaluation and program development.
• Prepare and manage corporate proposals and solicitations to include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Serve as catalyst for private fundraising activities for the Provost, Deans, and academic community within the corporate sector that expands visibility, influence, and effectiveness of Kent State University.
• Establish goals, objectives, and strategies; develop and implement programs and activities to accomplish goals, improve the image of the university and attract and retain organizational donors.
• Track progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met and disseminate major gift prospect activity from the corporate sector.
• Manages portfolio of corporate prospects ($100,000+) to meet university priorities.
• Oversee unit/program planning, goal setting, evaluation and development.
• Organize and coordinate campus visits by prospective donors or their representatives; travel to meet with prospects.
• Plan, monitor, and maintain unit budget and approve operating expenses.
• Serve on various college, division, and university committees.
• Fulfill responsibilities of human resource management including equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and employee development. Coordinate and oversee personnel activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, employee selection, appraisals, and evaluation.
• Provide leadership of a small department, unit or major function and/or direct supervision over administrative/professional employees.
• Coordinate with other members of the Advancement office staff – both central and college/unit-based officers.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of six years of experience in corporate fundraising in a complex higher education setting or comparable environment, including three years of experience in managing professional staff.
Kent State has been selected as one of this year’s “Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. The annual report recognizes the colleges that get top ratings from their employees on workforce practices and policies. This is the seventh time the university has been selected for this honor in nine years.
As one of Ohio’s top universities, Kent State offers the resources and facilities of a large university with the friendly, casual atmosphere of a liberal arts college.
Ours is a dynamic, intellectual community with alumni across the world and with many proud traditions. Chief among these is a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning that fosters the success of all students. In addition..., Kent State is building on its strong foundation of path-breaking research.
With outstanding academic programs and faculty on the leading edge of their fields, undergraduate and graduate students from around the globe turn to Kent State for a world-class education. In doing so, they make Kent State a truly multicultural community and a microcosm of our global society.